Site Cookies Notice
MDE Koala Tree Shears
Showing all 4 results
Made from high strength steel and armed with a replaceable blade, Koala Tree shears have become a success across the globe. The MDE Koala tree shear range was designed with a purpose-built heavy Hardox chassis to ensure strength, resilience and durability.
After years of testing and re-designing, MDE has developed this efficient, powerful, high-quality attachment for cutting trees.
The Koala series offers a wide range of tree shears with four cutting diameter models to suit excavators 1.5 – 30 ton. Koala tree shears are a hydraulic attachment that cuts trees efficiently, using a powerful hydraulic ram to operate a Hardox wing-style blade, which can be replaced when worn or damaged during extreme use – the first on the market to be able to do so. The arm takes a firm grip of the trunk as it’s cut, and the jaw retains a grip, allowing it to be placed in a safe location.
Another important feature is the bolt-on hitch which allows the shears t be fitted to other excavators or other machines such as telehandlers, skid steers and cranes
- Fast harvest of small trees, bushes and strong wood.
- Harvesting and maintenance of forestry.
- Maintenance work in the utilities sector.
- Private and commercial landscape maintenance.
- Clearing of agricultural land.
- Maintenance of roadways, railways and canals.
- Materials are easily and safely handled from cut to drop off
- Easily removes trees and bushes
- Low cost, efficient attachment
- Improves operator safety
- Low maintenance cost
- Simple and easy to use, lowering your labour costs
- Quick and easy to set up (aux pipes, hammer pipes)