Covid-19 has made its impact felt again over the entire country, leading to yet another lockdown and all of the restrictions that come with it.
Farming and agriculture businesses though, find themselves in a unique position, sitting in the class of essential workers who can continue to operate under strict conditions. However, with some of the country under Level 4 rules, and the remainder currently under Level 3, what are your responsibilities as a farmer or contractor? What’s required of your workers? And what can you do to work inside the rules?
The Ministry for Primary Industries has created a wealth of information online, listing what you need to know including general advice for the primary sector, as well as information on how to operate your business under both Level 4 and Level 3 restrictions:
- For MPI information for the primary sector click here
- For information for farms and agriculture businesses in Level 4 click here
- For information for farms and agriculture businesses in Level 3 click here
In addition, the Government has created constantly a number of online locations that are constantly updated, in order to stay up-to-date with current alert levels, as well as the relevant details under those alert levels
- For updates on current Alert Levels, click here
- For details on current Alert Level details click here